The documents below were presented in a public forum and are listed here for your reference.
Here are the presentations for the April 18, 2013 public meeting on station locations and park and ride lots. The same presentation will be given on April 22 and 25. Because of its size, the presentation has been broken into four files.
- Station Presentation Part 1, 2, 3, and 5 – 4/18/13
- Station Presentation Part 4A Western Stations - 4/18/13
- Station Presentation Part 4B Eastern Stations - 4/18/13
- Station Presentation Part 4C Northern Stations - 4/18/13
Here are the presentations on the Hilltop Area Alignment Alternatives from the February 25 and 28, 2013 public meetings.
- Hilltop Area Public Presentation, Public Involvement Meeting, 2-28-13
- Hilltop Area Public Presentation, Public Involvement Meeting, 2-25-13
- Hilltop Area Public Presentation, Citizens Advisory Committee Meeting, 2-21-13
- Hilltop Area Alignment Alternatives, Virginia Beach City Council Work Session, 2-19-13
- Presentation to Virginia Beach City Council work session, Jan. 22, 2013, updating progress on VBTES
- Presentation to Virginia Beach City Council (work session) - April 26, 2011
- Presentation for Public Meeting(5.2MB) – June 30, 2010
- Presentation for Public Meetings – September 9 & 10, 2009
- Presentation for Community Advisory Committee – October 28, 2009
- Presentation for Station Area Workshops – December 2, & Dec. 9, 2009
The information in this section includes important correspondence among HRT, the FTA, and the City of Virginia Beach.
- VBTES Schedule
- FTA letter Oct 25 12 re VBTES
- Letter to Federal Transit Administration requesting that a Laskin Road alignment be included in the VBTES – 9-6-12
- Letter from Virginia Beach to HRT seeking to include Laskin Road into the VBTES – 7-3-12
- Letter from Virginia Beach to HRT – 4-24-12 to HRT
- VBTES Summary (updated June 2012)
- VBTES Frequently Asked Questions (updated January 2013)
- Categorical Exclusion for the purchase of the inactive railroad right of way in Virginia Beach – Jan. 2012
- FTA letter Oct 2012 on NSRR row
- DRAFT Travel Forecast Results Rpt Feb 2011
- DRAFT Conceptual Comparative Capital Cost Estimates 2-11-11
- TAC March 7, 2011
- Public Involvement Plan (rev. 3-11)
- 2000 Final Environmental Impact Statement
To learn more about the FTA’s New Starts process, click on the link below. To understand Virginia Beach’s vision for long-term planning in key economic areas of the city, click on the city link below. The APTA website offers a wide range of information on public transit in the United States.