Customer Service Representative II
Position: Customer Service Representative II
Department: Communication/Customer Service
Reports To: Customer Service Supervisor
A Customer Service Representative II is responsible for maintaining outstanding customer service as per Company standards, processing sales quickly, accurately and efficiently, cash register operations and safeguarding company assets.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all other aspects of customer service.
- Maintain an awareness of transit and route information.
- Accurately and efficiently ring on registers and accurately maintain all cash and media at the registers.
- Assist and answer customer requests.
- Enter all media from register into the tally program.
- Maintain orderly appearance of register area and supplies and route schedules are stocked.
- Any other tasks as assigned from time to time by any manager.
- Process and respond to customer complaints and inquires.
- Manage records created and received in compliance with the Hampton Roads Transit Records Management Policy and Procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining a general awareness of HRT’s EMS
- Responsible for handling all related job responsibilities in accordance to HRT’s Environmental Policy, relevant EMS Standard Operating Procedures, and Emergency Management Plan
- Answer telephone inquiries, providing information on routes, schedules, fares and other information about HRT services.
- Responsible for reviewing, implementing, and updating Emergency Operations Procedures relating to customer service
- All other duties as assigned
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to process information/media (ticket passes, mail orders, etc.) through register system
- Ability to communicate with customer service representatives and customers
- Ability to read, count, and write to accurately complete all documentation
- Ability to operate all equipment necessary to perform the job
Required Knowledge, Abilities and Skills essential to Job Functions:
Possess excellent communication skills and a clear, pleasant telephone voice; knowledge of customer service and public relations techniques, principles and practices; general knowledge of the Hampton Roads area; able to deal effectively with the public; ability to understand and follow written and oral directions; able to keep simple records; ability to operate standard office equipment. Knowledgeable of Microsoft suite.
Required software knowledge and skills essential to job functions:
Proficiency in using computer systems and the listed software applications associated with performance of assigned work is essential. Basic problem solving skills associated with software applications used is expected. Software usage relevant to job duties will be evaluated.
Training and/or Education:
A high school diploma or GED certificate supplemented by training in data entry.
Preferred 1 year experience in customer service and cashiering. One year of providing quality customer service to include general office experience and data entry.
Licenses or Certificates: FLSA Status:
Virginia Driver’s License Non-exempt
Must be able to read, write; must successfully demonstrate knowledge of, office and telephone protocol and ability to read and interpret schedules, media releases, etc. Ability to deal with customers in an efficient polite manner. Must have excellent computer skills to include word processing and spreadsheets.
Work requires extensive operation of a keyboard device and continuous use of telephone. Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. Physical ability to stand for extended periods and to move and handle boxes of media, which entails lifting, and perform all functions as set forth above. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work involves meeting multiple demands on a timely basis. Ability to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends, and holidays, as needed. Duties may require overtime.