Customer Service Representative
Answer inquiries and obtain information for general public, customers, visitors, and other interested parties. Provide information regarding activities conducted at establishment; location of departments, offices, and employees within organization.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responds to customer inquiries on routes, schedules, fares, and other HRT services with complete information and recommendations of HRT products to meet customers’ needs.
- Answers telephone inquiries, providing information on routes, schedules, fares, and other information about HRT services.
- Process Lost and Found.
- Process internet inquiries.
- Update consignment and complete weekly audits
- Process Half Fare Id’s and maintain Half Fare database.
- Process and respond to customer complaints and inquiries.
- Manage records created and received in compliance with the Hampton Roads Transit Records Management Policy and Procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining a general awareness of HRT’s EMS
- Responsible for handling all related job responsibilities in accordance to HRT’s Environmental Policy, relevant EMS Standard Operating Procedures, and Emergency Management Plan
- Performs other duties as required.
Examples of Duties (Duties listed are not intended to be all inclusive nor to limit duties that might reasonably be assigned)
- Provide departmental clerical needs to include word processing and spreadsheets.
- Operate a multi-line telephone system. Responsible for providing premier customer service to internal and external customers by thoroughly conveying the necessity of the particular call.
- Maintain databases
Required Knowledge, Abilities and Skills essential to Job Functions:
Possess excellent communication skills, people skills and a clear, pleasant telephone voice; knowledge of customer service and public relations techniques, principles and practices; general knowledge of the Hampton Roads area; able to deal effectively with the public; ability to understand and follow written and oral directions; able to keep simple records; ability to operate standard office equipment. Must be detailed oriented, good organizational and follow- up skills. Patience and enthusiasm for challenges and change. Knowledgeable of Microsoft suite.
Required software knowledge and skills essential to job functions:
Proficiency in using computer systems and the listed software applications associated with performance of assigned work is essential. Basic problem solving skills associated with software applications used is expected. Software usage relevant to job duties will be evaluated.
Training and/or Education:
A high school diploma or GED certificate supplemented by training in data entry.
One year of providing quality customer service to include general office experience and data entry.
Licenses or Certificates:
Must be able to read, write; must successfully demonstrate knowledge of office and telephone protocol and ability to read and interpret schedules, media releases, etc. Ability to deal with customers in an efficient polite manner. Must have excellent computer
Work requires extensive operation of a keyboard device and use of telephone. Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work involves meeting multiple demands on a timely basis. Duties may require some seasonal overtime.