Job Description: Data Collector
Collects data and reports on service and ridership levels.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs ridership on/off counts to meet both regulator agency requirements and internal requirements.
- Conducts schedule adherence and ridership surveys.
- Conducts trail checks.
- Collects data on time delay studies.
- Performs a wide variety of data collection on various routes in the district.
- Provides inputs on road conditions, time points, shelters and bus stops.
- Responsible for checking work schedules and preparing the needed paperwork to accurately complete assignments.
- Gathers data to assist with the evaluation of schedules and routes for efficiency.
- Coordinates routine and periodic ridership surveys and on/off counts to collect required data for annual NTD reports and data used to determine efficiency and effectiveness (Quality) of routes, schedules, transfer points, etc.; makes recommendations accordingly, conducts routine and periodic run time checks on each route and makes adjustments accordingly.
- Manage records created and received in compliance with the Hampton Roads Transit Records Management Policy and Procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining a general awareness of HRT’sEMS
- Responsible for handling all related job responsibilities in accordance to HRT’s Environmental Policy, relevant EMS Standard Operating Procedures, and Emergency Management Plan
- Other duties as assigned
Examples of Duties (Duties listed are not intended to be all inclusive nor to limit duties that might reasonably be assigned)
- All other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Abilities and Skills essential to Job Functions:
Able to operate hand‑held computers with in house training. Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
Required Software Knowledge and Skills essential to Job Functions:
Proficiency in using computer systems and the listed software applications associated with performance of assigned work is essential. Basic problem solving skills associated with software applications used is expected. Software usage relevant to job duties will be evaluated.
Outlook, Word, PDA usage, good basic computer skills
Training and/or Education:
Graduation from high school or possession of GED certificate
Licenses or Certificates: Special Requirements: FLSA Status:
Valid Driver’s License None Non-Exempt
The position may require long periods of standing or walking, with the ability to use various counting devices. Employees work report station will vary from day to day and in most cases will require the employee to meet a Hampton Roads Transit vehicle at a specific point along the predetermined route at a specific time of the day, which could be anywhere Hampton Roads Transit operates within the six cities. Employees will be exposed to the outside elements. Employees must be able to meet varied schedules which could include reporting at 6 am in the morning and then again at 11 pm at night. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work involves meeting multiple demands on a timely basis. Duties may require some seasonal overtime. Flexible hours including early morning, nights and weekends as needed. Must have own transportation and telephone.