Job Description: PeopleSoft Technical Developer (Temporary Position)
Position: PeopleSoft Technical Developer (Temporary Position)
Department: Technology Department
Reports To: PeopleSoft Technical Services Manager
The PeopleSoft Technical Developer primary responsibility will be to provide production support for PeopleSoft Financials and PeopleSoft HRMS and assist with the upcoming PeopleSoft HCM upgrade. Support will involve the maintenance, troubleshooting and development of application modules and interfaces. Upgrade support consists of re-applying customizations, new development and downloading and applying of PeopleSoft delivered fixes, bundles, maintenance packs and tax updates. Position requires strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to work with business functional users to comprehend business requirements for system development and modifications. Responsibilities will include the design, development and unit testing of small to medium project work. The ideal candidate will have a “can do” attitude and the ability to make pragmatic and practical decisions without compromising the integrity of the PeopleSoft application.
Essential Job Functions:
Use of PeopleTools and other PeopleSoft development tools to perform enhancements, fixes and customizations to our PeopleSoft application, provide production support, and develop reports for end users. Candidate will work with end users to understand requirements in order to design technical solutions that are in line with business needs while staying consistent with the application architecture.
Maintain PeopleSoft systems by performing PeopleSoft required system updates and maintenance on a periodic basis.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Perform maintenance and development work in a manner that is consistent with company standards and procedures;
- Gather requirements, design, build and test of production fixes and enhancements per client specifications;
- Create requested documentation supporting system design, code and testing;
- Download and apply PeopleSoft delivered fixes, bundles, maintenance packs and tax updates released by PeopleSoft.
- Re-apply customization in conjunction with application patches and tools upgrades.
- Designs, develops and tests assigned in-scope modifications, interfaces, reports and etc… based on functional requirements
- Report time and progress as requested by project manager and/or project lead
- Responsible for maintaining a general awareness of HRT’s EMS
- Responsible for handling all related job responsibilities in accordance to HRT’s Environmental Policy, relevant EMS Standard Operating Procedures, and Emergency Management Plan
- Manage records created and received in compliance with the Hampton Roads Transit Records Management Policy and Procedures.
Required Knowledge, Abilities and Skills essential to Job Functions:
- 4+ years Technical PeopleSoft experience with SQL, SQR, PeopleTools, PeopleCode, PS/Query, Datamover, Application Engine and Change Assistant
- 4+ years experience using SQL
- 3+ years PeopleSoft Financials technical experience with two or more of the following Financial modules: Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger or Purchasing
- Demonstrated experience developing application customizations, interfaces and reports
- Ability to logically troubleshoot technical problems. Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong programming skills and techniques and a good understanding of relational databases
- Understanding of the systems development life-cycle
- Ability to learn and support new application processes and/or procedures
- Ability to effectively and efficiently manage work and maintain focus on assigned tasks
- Ability to consistently follow through on assigned tasks and meet deadlines
- Must have strong writing skills and be able to create technical design documents, unit test scripts, etc.
- Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong focus on quality and customer satisfaction
- Both self-disciplined and self-motivated
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with end-users, technical team members and management.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows products (Excel, Word, Access)
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Component Interface
- Experience with Workflow
- Experience with XML
- Experience with Integration Broker
- Upgrade experience
- PeopleSoft HR experience with two or more of the following HCM modules: Core HR, Base Benefits, Payroll, Time and Labor or Recruiting
- Knowledge of Windows XP and Windows Server 2000 & 2003
Training and/or Education:
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Systems or other Related Technical Field..
3+ years technical experience with PeopleSoft Financials.
License or Certificates:
VA Driver’s License
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work requires high-speed operation of keyboard devices. Also requires lifting and transferring of computer equipment as needed.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work involves meeting multiple demands on a timely basis.
This job description summarizes the essential duties required for this position but in no way is inclusive of all duties. Other related duties may be assigned as needed by department head or supervisor. All changes must be requested through the Organizational Development or Human Resource Department.