Position: Revenue Attendant
Department: Financial Services/Revenue Services
Reports To: Manager of Money Room Operations/ Asst Manager of Money
Responsible for processing, depositing and reporting all transit revenues in accordance with established policies and procedures. Responsible for the security of all transit revenues and equipment pertaining to collection, storage, and transportation of transit revenue.
Essential Job Functions:
- Empties cash boxes; unfolds, flattens and faces paper currency; operates and monitors sorting and counting equipment to sort and account for cash and coin fare revenue;
- Seals, tags, weighs and moves bank deposits bags; secures bags awaiting daily pick up by armored car for delivery to bank;
- Maintains security of the cash management Office during hours of responsibility;
- Performs all functions associated with the collection and deposit of funds;
- Responsible for maintaining a general awareness of HRT’sEMS;
- Responsible for handling all related job responsibilities in accordance to HRT’s Environmental Policy, relevant EMS Standard Operating Procedures, and Emergency Management Plan;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Examples of Duties (Duties listed are not intended to be all inclusive nor to limit duties that might reasonably be assigned)
- Removes and secures coin bags on coin sorter and count machine.
- Weighs, crimps and seals, dates and separates complete coin bags.
- Faces and sorts tickets from bill currency.
- Faces currency.
- Transfer currency and coins from vault to armored car receiving area.
- Deposits all revenue in receivers and vaults for safekeeping overnight.
- Assist in making bank deposits
Required Knowledge, Abilities and Skills essential to Job Functions:
Knowledge of basic math. Establish and maintain courteous and effective working relationships with those encountered in the course of work.
Training and/or Education:
Must be bondable and dependable; Completion of standard high school curriculum or GED required.
One year cashiering or similar cash handling experience
Special Requirements: Licenses or Certificates: FLSA Status:
Employees are required to Virginia Driver’s License Non-Exempt
wear specialized clothing and
subject to periodic, unannounced
searches of their person and belongings
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work involves physical effort involved in counting money and lifting moneybags. Must be able to repeatedly move and lift 75 lbs safely.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work involves meeting multiple demands on a timely basis. Duties may require some seasonal overtime. Work involves exposure to dirt and unpleasant odors.