Prepare company vehicles for service. Provide diesel fuel and gasoline as needed to fill storage tanks. Check engine oil, transmission fluid and coolant levels to ensure proper levels are maintained. Safely drive bus on facility, on public streets as required and through bus washing equipment to wash exterior surface. Ensure vehicle is in proper running order (tires, lights, fuel, engine oil and transmission fluid, coolant, cleanliness, etc.) and ready to be returned to active service. Requires supervision. Servicer employees report to the Maintenance Supervisor on duty.
Essential Job Functions:
- Fuel and perform required daily readiness service on revenue and support vehicles.
- Drive buses through the mechanical bus wash, around the property, and to and from the HRT facilities as required in a safe, defensive, and professional manner.
- Performs daily operational and safety inspections on the vehicles.
- Responsible for cleanliness of the work and shop areas to ensure a safe work environment.
- Required to perform lower rated work such as vehicle cleaning
- Must perform all other duties as assigned by Maintenance Supervisor.
- Operate a fork lift as needed.
Examples of Duties (Duties listed are not intended to be all inclusive nor to limit duties that might reasonably be assigned)
Required to fuel vehicles and check fluid levels (engine oil, transmission fluid, etc.) and fill same as needed. Ensure bus is in good operating order prior to service. Drive buses through the automated vehicle washer. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Interact effectively, courteously, and professionally with operations department employees and other HRT employees regarding vehicle repairs and other shop business.
- Assume primary responsibility of assigned projects.
- Perform all required written, computerized and other documentation as directed.
- Report equipment abuse or component tampering to the shop supervisor.
- Provide assistance, guidance, training, and direction to other shop personnel as needed.
- Be involved in the daily operation of the shop and be able to fill in during the absence of the supervisor.
- Accurately record vehicle mileage and fuel/fluid levels added to each vehicle serviced.
- Maintain a clean, safe work area in compliance with HRT/OSHA standards.
- Safely uses all power and hand held mechanic tools
- Maintain awareness and compliance with all current HRT, local, state, and federal regulations, such as regulations governing the handling and disposal of hazardous waste and use of personal protection equipment.
- Perform other maintenance duties or assignments as requested.
HRT ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (EMS):
- Responsible for maintaining a general awareness of HRT’sEMS
- Responsible for handling all related job responsibilities in accordance to HRT’s Environmental Policy, relevant EMS Standard Operating Procedures, and Emergency Management Plan
Training and/or Education:
High School Diploma/GED required. Must have or acquire within sixty (60) days of employment a valid Virginia CDL Class B Commercial Drivers License and successfully complete a Defensive Driving and Bus Maneuver Course. At a minimum must possess a valid CDL learners permit at the time of application or board sign up.
Licenses or Certificates: Special Requirements: FLSA Status:
Valid VA Class B CDL with air None Non Exempt
brake and passenger endorsement
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work involves meeting multiple demands on a timely basis. Duties may require some seasonal overtime. Must be able to work in all weather conditions and on all work shifts.