Transportation District Commission of Hampton Roads t/a Hampton Roads Transit Adopt-A-Spot Terms and Conditions for All Individuals or Group Members. Click here to print: Terms and Conditions
Please read all terms and conditions before filling out the Adopt A Spot Application
- All Adopt-A-Spot Applications must be approved by Hampton Roads Transit prior to commencement of any cleanup activities.
- Hampton Roads Transit reserves the right to deny Adopt-A-Spot Applications, requests, and signage.
- All Individuals and Group Members must attend Orientation for Safety and Cleanup Instruction, at Hampton Roads Transit, prior beginning any cleanup activities. Failure to do so is non-compliance and will result in immediate removal from the Adopt-A-Spot program.
- All Individuals and Group Members will perform all cleanup activities in accordance with Hampton Roads Transit’s Safety and Cleanup Instruction.
- All Individuals and Group Leaders are responsible for ensuring safety guidelines are reviewed and followed and during all Adopt-A-Spot program activities.
- All Individuals and Group Members assume the risk of injuries or damages resulting from the activities associated with cleanup activities, and recognize that certain risks are inherent in litter pick up, especially in public areas.
- It is understood that Individuals and Group Members are not employees or agents of or volunteers of Hampton Roads Transit, while participating in the Adopt-A-Spot program. As such, Hampton Roads Transit is not providing any workers compensation, general liability, automobile liability, pollution, insured/uninsured motorist, or any other coverage for the acts or omissions of all Individuals and Group Members while engaged in cleanup activities or transportation arising out of or related to the Adopt-A-Spot program. It is further understood that Hampton Roads Transit will not defend, hold harmless, or indemnify any Individual and Group Member for any claims of loss, injury, death, or damage arising out of or related to this Adopt-A-Spot program. All Individuals and Group Members shall at all times indemnify and hold Hampton Roads Transit harmless, including their officials, employees, and agents, from responsibility, damage, or liability arising from the exercise of the privileges granted under the Adopt-A-Spot program.
- Hampton Roads Transit reserves the right to remove any Individual or Group Member from the Adopt-A-Spot program for failure to comply with the Terms and Conditions, Safety and Cleanup Instruction, or if at any time cleanup activities are considered unsafe.
- Hampton Roads Transit reserves the right to revise or discontinue the Adopt-A-Spot program at any time.
- The Adopt-A-Spot Sign In/Waiver Sheet must be signed by each participant prior to commencement of any cleanup activities. Hampton Roads Transit does not permit any individual at a cleanup site that has not signed the Adopt-A-Spot Sign In/Waiver Sheet. It is understood that Hampton Roads Transit does not assume any liability for an individual that fails to sign the Adopt-A-Spot Sign In/Waiver Sheet prior to conducting cleanup activities.
- Individuals or Groups will assume cleanup of the designated area for a minimum of a 1 (one) year period.
- Individuals or Group Members less than 16 years of age MUST be accompanied by an adult at least 18 years of age. There MUST be one adult, over the age of 18, for every 6 (six) Group Members under the age of 16. (NO BABIES PLEASE!)
- Designated cleanup areas include any walkway, grass, cemented or paved area in or around the Bus Stop, excluding the street, highway, road, Bus lane, or Bus path of travel. Those interested in Highway cleanup, should refer to the Virginia Department of Transportation’s Adopt-A-Spot program.
- Hampton Roads Transit does not provide any supportive cleanup materials or supplies.
- One sign will be provided and installed by Hampton Roads Transit at no cost to the Individual or Group. Additional signage is available for purchase. Hampton Roads Transit reserves the right to deny requests for additional signage.
Complaints concerning Group Members may result in termination from the program.