Transit Riders Advisory Committee
The Transit Riders Advisory Committee (TRAC) is a subcommittee under the Transportation District Commission of Hampton Roads (TDCHR) Executive Committee and is operated by citizens on a voluntary basis. The TRAC was established by the TDCHR in July 2009.
Purpose of TRAC:
- Provide HRT administration with feedback and recommendations for improving operational or service issues affecting HRT customers
- Provide input into HRT’s customer outreach activities
- Provide HRT customers and the community at-large with information about HRT services and soliciting input concerning service improvements
- TRAC may be comprised of up to 14 voting members and may include at least one resident from each city and one service representative.
- Members, should include (but not be limited to) HRT customers and persons who currently use or have the desire to use public transportation.
- Members are appointed by the TDCHR Executive Committee Chairperson upon recommendation by HRT staff and/or the Commissioner(s) of the represented city.
- The TRAC reports to the TDCHR Executive Committee at each regularly scheduled meeting. A written report is prepared by the Recording Secretary and reviewed by the committee Chairperson and/or Vice-Chairperson and HRT staff. It is submitted to the TDCHR Executive Committee Chairperson prior to presentation to the full TDCHR Commission meeting. The HRT staff will provide assistance as required to ensure that the report is prepared and placed on the TDCHR Executive Committee and TDCHR agendas.
|TRAC Committee Members|
|Hampton||Kenneth “KJ” Jones, Sr.|
|Newport News||Debbie Wilson|
|Newport News||Avery Woods|
|Virginia Beach||Ronald Broughton|
|Local Fixed Route||Open|
|Paddlewheel Ferry||Angelia Allen|
|Peninsula Commuter Service||Lee Westergard|
|The Tide||Cino Stone|
Upcoming Meetings | All meetings will be held from 6 – 7 p.m.
Wednesday, September 10, 2014 509 E. 18th St. Norfolk
- Wednesday, November 5, 2014 3400 Victoria Blvd., Hampton
For more information about the Transit Riders Advisory Committee (TRAC) or how to become a member, please contact Felicia Harris, the director of customer relations, at (757) 222-6069, or by Email.