Metro Area Express Fares
|Seniors,Persons w/Disabilities & Medicare Cardholders||$1.50|
|Children (under 38″)||Free|
|1-day MAX pass
Expires 2 am the following day – unlimited rides, no additional fare required, non-transferable, for use on all other HRT services, except on Handi-Ride and Tours. Single passes may only be purchased on board the MAX.
|Bundle of Five 1-Day MAX passes||$24.75|
|30-day MAX pass
Expires 30 days from first use – unlimited rides, no additional fare required – non-transferable, for use on all other HRT services, except on Handi-Ride and Tours.
You’ll have to print the form and mail it in. We’re working on an e-version of this but it’s not ready yet.
Some MAX passes can be purchased at Light Rail ticket vending machines.
- Passengers may board the MAX using any valid bus fare. The payment of an upgrade fee may be required, however
- Children under 38 inches tall may board any HRT vehicle for free as long as they are accompanied by an adult fare-paying passenger. Up to two children per fare-adult are permitted to board for free.
- Youth , age 17 and under, are required to show the operator a picture ID which includes age. School IDs are not required to display a birth date.
- Senior citizens, age 60 and over, must show driver a DMV ID, Medicare ID (with photo ID), HRT’s Half-Fare ID or any other proof of age that includes a photograph.
- Persons with Disabilities must show HRT Half-Fare ID, or an ADA Paratransit ID (with photo). Identification is also required at time of farecard purchase.
- Medicare Cardholders must show a Medicare card with ID or HRT’s Half-Fare ID.
*HRT accepts exact fare only and does not give cash refunds on any purchases.