Bus/Light Rail Fares
- A One Day GoPass allows unlimited access to all HRT services except MAX which requires an upgrade fee. The One Day GoPass is good for bus, light rail and ferry services.
- Passengers may board the MAX using any fare. However, the payment of an upgrade fee will be required.
- Children under 38 inches tall may board any HRT vehicle for free as long as they are accompanied by an adult fare-paying passenger. Up to two children per fare-adult are permitted to board for free.
- Youth, age 17 and under, are required to show the operator a picture ID which includes age.
- Senior citizens, age 60 and over, must show driver a DMV ID, Medicare ID (with photo ID), HRT’s Half-Fare ID or any other proof of age that includes a photograph.
- Persons with Disabilities must show HRT Half-Fare ID, or an ADA Paratransit ID (with photo). Identification is also required at time of farecard purchase.
- Medicare Cardholders must show a Medicare card with ID or HRT’s Half-Fare ID.
- HRT accepts exact fare only and does not give cash refunds on any purchases.
- Passengers may board the MAX using any valid bus fare. The payment of an upgrade fee may be required, however
- Some MAX passes can be purchased at Light Rail ticket vending machines.
(S, D, Y, M)* Senior, Disable, Youth, Medicare
|Cash Fare||Bus||Light Rail||Ferry||Max||VB Wave|
|Half Fare (S, D, M)*||$0.75||$0.75||$0.75||$1.50||$.50|
|1 Day (S, D, Y, M)*||$1.75||$1.75||$1.75||n/a||$1.00|
|1 Day Bundle(5)||$16.50||$16.50||$16.50||$24.75||$10.00|
|1 Day Bundle(5) (S, D, Y, M)*||$8.75||$8.75||$8.75||n/a||n/a|
|2 Ride (S, D, Y, M)*||$1.50||$1.50||$1.50||n/a||n/a|
|2 Ride Bundle(5)||$15.00||$15.00||$15.00||n/a||n/a|
|3 Day (S, D, Y, M)*||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||$2.50|
|30 Day (S, D, Y, M)*||$35.00||$35.00||$35.00||n/a||n/a|
TVM at light rail station issue an IOU?
If a ticket vending machine on the light rail system fails to give proper change, it is programmed to issue an IOU. Any valid IOU less than $3 can be redeemed Monday-Friday, between 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. at 509 East 18th Street, Building # 4, Norfolk, Virginia. Any refund over $3 will be forwarded to our revenue department and a check will be issued and mailed. For more information, please call 222-6100.