It costs $1.50 to ride the ferry across the river one way. When you board, you pay $1.50 but receive no paper ticket. If you want a round trip ticket, the machine on the ferry will give you one, but it automatically deducts one trip from the ticket value on the assumption that boarding to buy is the first leg of the trip. There is now a new ticket vending machine at High Street that accepts cash and credit transactions.
When buying tickets for later use, use a ticket vending machine, or visit the Portsmouth Visitors’ Center at North Landing. You also can purchase tickets at select convenience outlets.
(S, D, Y, M)* Senior, Disabled, Youth, Medicare
|Cash Fare||Bus||Light Rail||Ferry||Max||VB Wave|
|HALF FARE (S, D, M)*||$0.75||$0.75||$0.75||$1.50||$.50|
|1 Day (S, D, Y, M)*||$1.75||$1.75||$1.75||n/a||$1.00|
|1 Day Bundle(5)||$16.50||$16.50||$16.50||$24.75||$10.00|
|1 Day Bundle(5) (S, D, Y, M)*||$8.75||$8.75||$8.75||n/a||n/a|
|2 Ride (S, D, M)*||$1.50||$1.50||$1.50||n/a||n/a|
|2 Ride Bundle(5)||$15.00||$15.00||$15.00||n/a||n/a|
|3 Day (S, D, Y, M)*||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||$2.50|
|30 Day (S, D, Y, M)*||$35.00||$35.00||$35.00||n/a||n/a|
- HRT accepts exact fare only and does not give cash refunds on any purchases.
- Children under 38 inches tall may board any HRT vehicle for free, including the ferry, as long as they are accompanied by an adult fare-paying passenger. Up to two children per fare-adult are permitted to board for free.
- Youth, defined as those ages 17 and under, are required to show a picture ID that includes age.
- Senior citizens, defined as people age 60 and over, must show driver either a DMV ID, Medicare ID (with photo), HRT Half-Fare ID or any other proof of age which includes a photograph.
- Persons with Disabilities must show HRT Half-Fare ID, or ADA Paratransit ID (with photo). Identification is also required at time of farecard purchase.
- Medicare Cardholders must show a Medicare card with photo ID or HRT’s Half-Fare ID.