Where to buy
HRT offers several options to purchase fare tickets.
On any HRT bus. You can buy a 1-day GoPass when you board any HRT bus. The on-board farebox can issue one GoPass for each transaction, and exact cash/change is required because the farebox does not provide change.
E-Tide. Purchase discounted round-trip tickets on The Tide from the comfort of home or on a smart phone. Please be advised that e-Tide tickets are not valid on any HRT service other than The Tide. Click here to get started.
E-Tide ticket prices are as follows:
- Adults: $3.00
- *Half Fare: $1.50
- Youth (under 18): $2.00
*See Requirements under Fare.
Ticket Vending Machines. Ticket Vending Machines (TVMs) are located at HRT facilities and at all 11 light rail stations. Click here for TVM locations and instructions.
Retail Outlets. Click on the name of the city below to view a list retail outlets where you can buy HRT fare cards. Please note that all locations may not sell all types of GoPasses. Please call ahead to check availability.
Mail Order. HRT fare cards can be ordered by mail. There is a $300 minimum purchased for mail orders. Use the link below to download the Farecard Order Form.
Return by mail address to:
Fare Media Order
509 East 18th Street Building 4
Norfolk, VA 23504
ATTN: Sales Department
For more information please contact LaShonda Salter, Sales Agent, at Lsalter@hrtransit.org or (757) 222-6000, ex. 6327
HRT Customer Service locations
- Hampton Transportation Center (2 West Pembroke Avenue Hampton, VA 23669), Monday-Friday between 6:00am – 5:00pm and Saturday between 9:00am – 1:30pm.
- Newport News Transportation Center (150 35th Street Newport News, VA 23607), Monday-Friday between 6:00am – 5:00pm and Saturday between 9:00am – 1:30pm.
- Silverleaf Transportation Center in Virginia Beach (4300 Commuter Drive Virginia Beach, VA 23452)
- Monday – Thursday: 5:00am to 1:00pm
- Friday: 5:00am to 9:00am and 1:00pm to 5pm
- Closed Saturday & Sunday
For more information, contact Hampton Roads Transit Customer Service: 222-6100.